Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sigma Chi for Life


Very sad day @ Sigma Chi / Delta Xi SDSU: The Fraternity will lose it's charter for 3 years....My lil bro Jeff White and I were @ the Sig House last night when the letters were removed etc....for more info email me or JW. In Hoc Brothers! click on pic below to enlarge....Some of the best friends I have ever made came during my college experience when I joined the Sigma Chi Fraternity over 25 years ago.  The memories I have of my pledge brothers Bill Boyer, Jim (Jimal) Ault and Peter Hansen are so rich, it’s like they just happened yesterday…oh yeah they still do…but anyway I digress.  So while I have been roaming the highways and byways of America, I experienced an incredible dichotomy.  On one hand, I’m driving around the University of Oregon and the University of Washington and come across the Sigma Chi houses on both campuses.  They are massive and filled with lots of young guys having fun with a Thirsty Thursday party (no I didn't go in, it just happened to be Thursday at 2 pm) and making their college experiences memorable -- reminds me so much of when I was in school.  And on the other hand, I learn that my Sigma Chi house on the campus of San Diego State University has been suspended for three years for conduct unbecoming.   Our Greek letters were torn down this past week.  This may sound trivial to those of you who disliked the Greek life or think they probably deserved it.  That might be true.  However, to the brothers that I went to school with it meant the world to us and frankly still does.  Just a really sad day for me and my bros!

No comments:

Post a Comment