Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Every Day is a Saturday



Biking in Yellowstone
Where the buffalo roam
I’m really not sure what I expected when I started planning my trip across the country.  I wasn’t sure if being away from the kids, my business and my typical day-to-day activities would be too great of pull to allow me to enjoy my trip or quite possibly, lure me back to NY, before my allotted timeframe (which most of my staff thought would happen). 
One thing I do know is that I was hoping to embrace each and every day with one simple perspective…today is Saturday.  We all know that in our everyday lives, we all live for the weekend and in particular Saturday. 
Just me and my chair
Smoke on the water
Saturdays are for fun, entertainment, housework, family time and anything else that each of us truly enjoys.  Thus, that philosophy drove my daily existence while I was on the road.  If I wanted to stop and have a beer at lunch, I did.  If I wanted to drive all day, just because I was in the mood to drive, I did.  If I wanted to take the slowest route from point A to B, just to look at the scenery, I did, because afterall, everyday was Saturday.
Late night blogging
Lunch for one
I told myself that this is a trip of a lifetime and to be sure to take in and enjoy the good, the bad and the ugly.  The good being when I was able to connect with long-time friends and spend quality time with them and their families.  The bad, being the rain and cold weather that followed me through just about 90% of my trip.  And the ugly, being some of the lonely days I had when I was sitting in a campground with nobody else around (like now), eating soup and longing for a conversation. 

Through it all, I said to myself, life is good, because today is Saturday.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment