Monday, June 10, 2013

Blue 3



Sue's Canadian See-Through
Day 36-37

I feel quite fortunate that over the course of my six-week adventure I have been able to visit some of Canada’s greatest cities (Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal and Quebec City).  Though each has been amazing, what really made my visit to Toronto even more fantastic was the time I was able to spend with Sue McLean.  Sue is another of my friends from UWP, though when we travelled she was on staff, making her slightly more important, with slightly more power and slightly more money than the rest of us (she got paid to travel).
Sue’s job during the years was our Sound Mixer and though she was good at her job, she didn’t recognize my vocal talents and would always place me in the back of the performers, on the highest riser and typically on the Blue 3 microphone, which meant she knew where I was and could easily turn that microphone off from the mixing table, thus not allowing me to ruin the sound of the performance…but I’m not bitter or anything.
Dining room and backdoor
to the boat and lake
Kitchen and Loft
But anyways, I was able to visit Sue at her family cottage in a beautiful area just north of her hometown of Barrie, Ontario, called Gravenhurst.  Her A-frame style cabin sits right on an incredible lake where she has a dock with two Adirondack chairs that she calls her “happy place,” because she goes there mid-week to relax, refresh and just chill.  We had an amazing time, drank lots of wine, a few Canadian see-throughs, laughed about stupid stuff and went for a ride in her boat late in the evening, cruising along the glass-like water so smoothly it felt like we were flying.
Sue's boat and "happy place"
I can’t wait for the next Scum Crew reunion at Sue’s place.





No comments:

Post a Comment